Sunday, January 17, 2010

From the Roof

View, viale Italia, Rotonda of Ardenza, LivornoLooking south from the roof terrace of “Villa Letizia”: we see the busy “Viale Italia”, then the pines of the “Rotonda” and the quite rocky coastline of Antignano. The farthest visible point is more than two kilometers away.Water tower, Caserma Paolo Vannucci, Ardenza, LivornoAgainst the eastern hills stands the water tower of the “Caserma Paolo Vannucci”, were part of the Folgore Parachute Brigate is quartered. That would be another good point of view...View, Armando Picchi football stadium, Ardenza, LivornoThe Ardenza Stadium, now “Armando Picchi”, lies just north of the villa. The “Grattacielo” is our modest and only high-rise.View, track, grandstand, Ippodromo Federico Caprilli, Naval Academy, Ardenza, LivornoOn the northwest the track of the “Ippodromo Federico Caprilli” and its grandstand with, in background, the buildings of the Naval Academy. If you look closely, you may even recognize some familiar turrets. On the far right, in the haze, the “Fanale”.Villa Letizia, Ardenza, LivornoA panoramic view showing the extension of the park of the villa.

16 comments:

Ilse said...

It's still Saturday here in Boston! Wonderful to see the lay of the land.

Hilda said...

Thank you for this wonderful bird's eye view of your city, VP. 'Big picture' views always help me understand and appreciate the details more.

I find it amazing, wonderful and enviable, that your city doesn't have buildings higher than that single high-rise. And so much greenery too, I love it!

tapirgal said...

Yes!!! Beautiful, romantic coastline. It appears you are having our weather.

Lowell said...

Hallelujah! These are fantastic...scenes of Livorno never before seen! I love them! What a great city! And it's much larger than I had envisioned!

I especially liked the turrets even if I had to strain my eyes to find them! ;-))

Thanks, VP!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Thank you for this informative panoramic view of your city.

Anonymous said...

I like sport and stadiums - there is a smell of adrenaline when you get close to those! Great captures! Hoe good are the local teams?

amatamari© said...

A very nice and descriptive series that allows a unique view!
Thanks for sharing!
:-)

Small City Scenes said...

Thanks for the mini tour. It is nice to know where everything is. The roadway looks like a parking lot. Very busy. MB

Dina said...

Thanks for the look all around.
Glad you have no more than one highrise to block the view.

Luis Gomez said...

Vogon, it is so nice to travel around Livorno. Thanks for wonderful shots and guiding us.

cieldequimper said...

I wish I could take a bit of height in Versailles too, these are great, they put some things into perspective!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed this tour from above and what especially caught my attention was that cool water tower.

Cezar and Léia said...

This is what should be called a panoramic view! :)
God bless you!
Cezar

Unknown said...

I enjoyed seeing the view from the roof...all around. One high rise is enough, maybe even one too many. :)
I like the terra-cotta rooftops!

joo said...

The water tower in the second photo is so unusual - I love it!

Andreea said...

Nice, I got a more detailed idea of Livorno. Great panoramas (I was able to spot the turrets :) !)